Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Corners of my home.


I feel like our little whare is taking shape. It's a slow process, though, this making a home from a house thing.
When we bought this place, we wrote gigantic big lists of things we wanted to do. We also wrote lists of things we needed to do. I would love to say either of these lists have become any shorter but, in fact, they have both grown. This appears to be the nature of the beast that is home ownership.

I like to take photos like these, though, to remind myself that we're getting there. A new blue, chalkboard, wall in the boys room, a swing hung in the back yard, a few lettuce plants in the ground, the primer up on the kitchen door.. these are all itty bitty steps, but we're making progress.

It's been a strange last few weeks. So busy, yet not.
We've been fighting off a dose of the Winter Blues, and mostly winning (first year I've been able to say that!). I've been focusing a lot of my health (weightloss/exercise) and less on sewing and blogging (maybe you've noticed?) and I'm struggling to find a good balance between the two. I do like a good challenge though, so that is my goal for the next month - try and find that magical place, where I'm spending enough time on the cross-trainer, but also storing enough energy to sew for a few hours each night.

That, and keep chipping away at our house-lists.



9 comments:

  1. Lovely Rhiannon! You're got lots of cosy spaces full of personality in your home! Here's to that all elusive balance! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colourful, quirky, gorgeous! Just like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So want to visit you :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lifes such a tricky balance eh? Good luck sorting it! Love all these little corners and touches - homely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how just the smallest thing - a knickknack or vase of flowers from the garden can make you feel at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your collections :) My house always seems like such a mess :P and most of kids stuff. Maybe I should start some of my own collections up. I find once spring comes and the longer daylight hours are here, I can do more at night than in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your style rhiannon - your home should be in 'your home+garden' - very inspiring!
    geb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your little spaces. .that's how I keep my sanity in the middle of kid chaos little bits of lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum - I can just about smell the daphne. And I love your little house/shelf thingy - I have three of them in the garage and I really need to get on with painting!

    ReplyDelete