Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Baby Raccoon.


For Otto's party, I knew Mol needed to be a raccoon. I also knew she would definitely not leave a hat/ears/facepaint on. She's not a hat wearer at the best of times.

I've been in love with the Wild Things dresses for quite awhile now.
Had I been organised/flush enough, I would have purchased one of those. I'm not big on copying other crafters work, I promise.
I decided to have a go at making something similar.





I used a slightly different shaped dress, a reversible a-line dress. I knew I wanted it to be lined, for a bit of extra shape, so a reversible made sense. I didn't add the pockets, and I made my raccoon face quite a bit bigger. I used dome snaps on the straps, making it super easy to get on and off.
I made some little stripey leggings to be worn with it. For extra Raccoony-ness.





I had a bit of fun making this, and it did look cute on Mollie, but my version is no where near as gorgeous as the originals. Isn't that always the way? It's a good lesson, that I should have saved up/been organised and gone to the source : ) 
I dearly hope to purchase some of these amazing overalls for Mol before next Winter.
Anyone want to split postage?

5 comments:

  1. You are so super clever! And I too have made things inspired by others where I couldn't afford the original. You've definitely put your own twist on it too. Mollie looks adorable! Such a lucky girl to have such a clever Mama! (PS Isabelle loves her hoodie and Pipi her camel - thanks so much x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is so so cool I want one full human size :) I love racoons. your darling looks so super cute in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's adorable - so clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So super duper CUTE! Both the dress and Mol! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness you are so clever, that is gorgeous!! and your daughter is seriously stinkin cute!!Where do you find the time to create such masterpieces??? I have the best intentions and lots of ideas but time seems to be so elusive around here!

    ReplyDelete