Friday, January 27, 2012

It was all yellow.











If yesterday had to have a theme, it would have been yellow.
Sunshine, popcorn, and buttery yellow knitting. Lovely.

I also have a recipe to share with you. I had planned to do so earlier in the week, but it just seems to fit so perfectly with the 'yellow' theme, that it would be a shame not to share it today.
It is a recipe for Zucchini Loaf, given to me by my Mother-In-Law quite a few years ago now. It doesn't sound very appetising, but I swear it is one of the most moist and delicious things I ever bake. The 'healthiness' of the courgette is counter-balanced with a tonne of sugar, and even my kids will eat it. (Though, I confess, I did tell them it was banana until they'd finished the first piece..)







Charlotte's Zucchini Loaf

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
3 tsp vanilla
1/2c oil

2c firmly packed grated zucchini (green or yellow)
1c walnuts or 3/4c choc chips (optional)

2 1/2c flour
4tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Preheat oven to 177C (350F).
Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil.
Stir in zucchini and walnuts/choc chips.
Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
Place in two loaf tins, and bake for approx 40 minutes.

I usually freeze one loaf and we devour the other, slathered in butter, quite promptly. Nyum.

3 comments:

  1. Nyum indeed - I'm going to have to give this a go! (And now you've got that Coldplay song stuck in my head!) Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Got to try this! I might wait until I grow some yellow zuchinni's though. Hopefully soon! Love it!

    bxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Again - I've given your blog an award! check it out on my blog

    www.bybande.blogspot.com

    bxx

    ReplyDelete