Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Weekending.


Phew! It's Tuesday today, and I'm having another one of those weeks where I feel like I'm at least two days behind everyone else. I think the combination of December busy-ness and pregnant tired-ness has me struggling to keep up.







On Friday evening, we had our Playcentre Christmas party.
It was a glorious mix of food, festivity and crazy kids. We had a visit from a very Scottish-sounding Santa, trips on a vintage fire engine (during which Otto screamed at the top of his lungs to 'hop off now, Mama! Hop offffffff!), a sausage sizzle, and plenty of nibbles. Just the way a Christmas party should be.




Saturday continued with the festive activities, we watched the local Santa parade.
The boys rode the tandem trike (one of the best second hand purchases I've had in awhile!) and we wandered down to the end of our street, where the parade was set to pass by. We munched on the handed-out jelly beans, waved and yelled Christmas greetings to everyone we recognised, and then strolled home again.
I really hope all of our Christmas outings this year are as cruisy as these two!




We ended out Saturday up at my parents house. The boys ventured into the swimming pool, but I wasn't quite brave enough! The weather hasn't been particularly hot and Summery enough for me to shed my clothes yet, but I have no doubt it'll get there soon. In the meantime, I'm loving watching the growing confidence that the boys have in the water. Pretty neat, alright.

3 comments:

  1. Tandem trike? Pure awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aesop's same clothes on Friday and Saturday FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for finding that trike! I've been after one for quite some time, but they go for big bucks on Trademe and I've never seen one whilr op shopping. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete