Obviously the first month of the year wasn't a big one in terms of ticking things off. Alot of the things on the lists are 'chipping-away-at' things, and I estimate that the middle-end of the year will incur the most crosses. But all the same, and mostly for my own benefit (and encouragement), I thought I would see where I was up to with each thing.
1. Fit into my favourite summer top. - uh, my belly fits but there's no forcing the button over Otto's kitchen.
2. Sew myself at least one DRESS. - have multiple designs in my head, need to make them happen.
3. Knit myself a cardigan I love. - too hot for knitting! goodness me, much too hot.
4. Make Abraham a hoodie. - off to Rotorua next month, will purchase fabric there.
5. Start sewing to sell again. - have done one update but am not counting that as a true start!
6. List GIANT pile of thing on Trademe. - have everything ready to start taking photos.
7. Print the majority of our photos. - waiting for a sale.
8. Plant a vege garden. - dirt organised, wood organised. Even found someone to make the raised bed! Feb is the month for this!
9. Go to the movies. - waiting for a good movie to take Aesop to.
10. Back up our photos on hardrive/ preserve fruit, make jam. - no. And no.
12. Get business cards. - have had them designed. Waiting to start sewing again and for some extra $$.
13. Buy 2 pairs of decent shoes. - have ordered one pair, waiting for them to arrive.
14. Take Aesop to the zoo. - july is the month for this! Waiting on an Auckland-dwelling baby niece or nephew to arrive!
15. Send (at least) 2 parcels to Amy. - have sent one 01/01
16. Finish at least 2 duathlon type events. - March and April are all booked and ready to go.
17. Sort out entire garage. - have made a start, but nowhere near finishing!
18. Finish yoyo quilt. - chipping away at it.
19. Earn $1000 through sewing. - haven't made a start on this one.
20. Have a bbq/dinner with over 10 people. - nope.
21. See some live music. - not yet.
22. Save over $1000/ have an outdoor movie night - have found a projector to use but haven't set a date.
23. pay off our laptop and
24. Sew 10 garments for the kids. - 2 down (ottos crawling pants), 8 to go.
25. Knit Aesop a jumper. - again, too hot.
26. Make the mix cd to end all mix cds. - nope.
27. Cover the cushions on the window seat. - nope.
28. Get away for a night without the kids! - will be the end of the year (read: end of breastfeeding) for this one.
29. Get mentioned in a magazine. - nope.
30. Make most of the gifts we give (this year). - a bit of a continuous goal this one.
Am also happy to report that, other than exercising, I have not worn pants or shorts out into the public eye. Viva la skirt!