Friday, December 10, 2010

Slowly, slowly getting festive...







It is, very slowly, starting to look like Christmas around here.
I'm not really a 'festive' person. I seem to find Christmas more stress than fun, all that buying and organising just doesn't really scream 'fun' to me. I get too frustrated when things don't go as planned and with a whole bunch of people involved it so often tends to happen.
But, despite my grinch-like feelings toward this joyous time of year, it is fairly impossible to avoid some hint of festivity sneaking in, especially with children! So yesterday I hauled out the box of decorations and scattered them around the house. I must confess, I actually think they look quite good.






I also, for the first time, let Aesop help decorate the tree. I know, I've been so mean not to let him do it until now, but I was convinced that it was for his own good, me stressing so much surely would have put him off forever! But I'm glad I got over myself and let him help because he really loved doing it, and I felt surprisingly relaxed. I even stayed perfectly calm as I watched a vintage glass Santa drop from his hand, onto the floor, and shatter into a thousand pieces... calm on the outside anyway!
I've been sewing and buying presents too, but you'll have to wait a bit before I can show you those. Not long though, only 2 weeks! Jeepers. I'd better get back to work..

3 comments:

  1. woah, your tree looks awesome! mines hanging it's branches in shame right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the retro wreaths!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good on you for sharing the tree-decorating experience. We just put ours up yesterday and it was a disaster (wrote a blog post about it actually!) and we'll be trying again in a few days.
    I love the fabric ball ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete