Tuesday, August 3, 2010

B-Side Fm.


So.. we bought a radio station!
Abraham and I have just decided to purchase Whakatane's local alternative radio station, B-side Fm.
Might seem a little out of the blue, but in actual fact it's been a long time coming. My father-in-law, Steve, started a radio station here about ten years ago (VFM) and this station is spawned from there. Abraham has been doing a show on B-side for years now and has often dropped hints that one day he would like to buy it. The opportunity arose, we toyed with the idea for a few months (with me very much against it due to time and responsibilities) and have come up with a way to make it work... we hope!
It's exciting times, especially as we hope to have it all overhauled, moved, and ready to go by September the 1st! So much to do!
If, by any chance, you'd like to offer a hand, here are a few ways you could help:

*I need some info about small business tax and paper work (am going to see an accountant tomorrow but would love to hear about it from someone experienced who is not wanting a big pay check from my at tax time!)

*I need some creative criticism about the logo (I love the simplicity and the 'indie' vibe but I fear it looks a little too much like something I've seen before. And we have been told it looks like it is 'lacking something')

*You joining our facebook page or twitter would be really helpful, if you are local or are interested in listening to the station streamed on the net. We'll be asking about what people want to hear and when they want to hear it etc and your opinion, as awesome people, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank youuu!

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering what you've been up to, how exciting !! my Jay is a designer so i'll show him your logo x good luck, you guys will be awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so exciting. I'd listen to it, for sure.
    I do my own books for accounting purposes and it's not as hard as it sounds. I got some books about record keeping etc. from the library and they show some good examples of what to do. Sari Hodgson (a Nelson accountant) has written some good simple books about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh good for you guys!!! I really love the logo but if you're looking for some changes I'd only do something simple like change the colour of the starry thing to an achingly vibrant colour, or even use that square you have around it and put the colour there, so the same logo on a coloured square. I always think simple's best, but that's just me. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so exciting!!! I'm pretty sucky at design so don't have anything constructive to say about the logo, other than that I actually quite like it.
    Can't wait to hear how everything turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! I love the logo personally, but interested to see what you do with it! You could always do a good old fashioned cassette tape as an alternative? To fit with your name? I guess you've already thought of that though... I'll be a facebook fan for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations!!! what an awsome adventure!

    ReplyDelete