Tuesday, February 2, 2010

First trip to the beach!



Due to a public holiday yesterday ( thanks Auckland, for lending us your anniversary!), we had an extra 'day off' this weekend. Since Saturday and Sunday were both blustery and wet, we ended up needing a third day just to get some time out of the house!
We had a cuppa with the lovely Bonnie and Chris in the morning and then headed to the beach with my Mum and Dad and the kids in the arvo.
I'm not a big fan of the beach (crabs!sharks!jellyfish!heat!sand!), but I didn't want to rain on the parade of a 'family beach afternoon'. So I, in my entirely inappropriate-for-paddling outfit, took Otto for his very first paddle in one of the little waterways while the boys and Nana launched themselves at the dumpy post-storm waves. Otto seemed to enjoy eating the sand much more than playing with it but appeared to enjoy his first little venture into the world of beach-going. Once we were all sufficiently sand-covered, wet bottomed and towel-wrapped, we did the only one can possibly do after a trip to the beach... went out for ice cream! Even I enjoy that part!

1 comment: